I was totally honored to be invited by Gallery of the Absurd and Pretty on the Outside to be a part of their latest collaborative frankendoodle. Technically known as Exquisite Corpse (also known as "exquisite cadaver" or "Cher" or "Joan Collins") is a method by which a collection of words or images are collectively assembled, the result being known as the exquisite corpse or cadavre exquis in French.

Since I was the newbie, they let me pick the subject and I chose Madonna since I had yet to doodle her (Hillary doesn't count). The fun part is that none of us get to see what the other has done (except for a tiny sliver) while the creation process is underway. 14 from GOTA did Madge's head (love the extra thick linebacker neck), then passed on a tiny sliver of the bottom to me so I could do the torso (I couldn't resist doodling her sinewy, ropey yoga arms, gnarled witch fingers, and referencing her new single due out in February). Then I sent Gilmore from POTO a tiny sliver of the bottom of my doodle so he could do her legs and thrusting pelvis of steel. Each of our finished parts were then sent back to 14 for assembly and this is the result.

14 and Gilmore made their sections basically attractive and I had to focus on the grotesque, thus insuring that Madonna will never be my friend. At least I made the baby look cute, right? That was fun. Let's do another one!

7 comments

  1. joe*to*hell // January 8, 2008 at 1:24 PM

    well done

    the neck quite frightens me. but who cares - she is perfect as always

  2. Holy Cuteness // January 8, 2008 at 4:11 PM

    The result is great!

  3. the.jj // January 8, 2008 at 7:37 PM

    Nice! I saw this one on Gallery of the Absurd today and was thrilled to see you'd taken part. Madge is so scary lately... she looks so unnatural with her 0% body fat. And what is UP with the bodysuits... Ok, we get it, you're in shape and you have a pelvis. Now cover up!

  4. joe*to*hell // January 8, 2008 at 8:37 PM

    oh jj - the suits are very 2006 - you are behind.

  5. bea gass // January 9, 2008 at 9:32 AM

    looks more like a buff Faye Dunaway....either way, well done!

  6. Anonymous // January 9, 2008 at 3:17 PM

    LOVE IT....

    when are you gonna do Paula Abdul??

  7. Laura // January 9, 2008 at 3:22 PM

    Hee! Gorgeous - you got her so-wrong arms just right...