“As for Luke Perry, he called me ‘Camel’ because I had long eyelashes. Trust me, Luke Perry can call you ‘Camel’ and make it sexy.” Sure, Tori. As soon as I read that little chestnut from Ms. Spelling's forthcoming memoir, my instinct was to doodle a camel with Tori's, um, unforgettable face on it. As I began scribbling, it really seemed unnecessary to add the camel part since her face is so, um, unusual. I've tried to capture just a few of her many moods for you. Some other fascinating highlights from the book:

  • “Shannen [Doherty] had everything, but she could be arrogant and carefree. Jennie [Garth] was outspoken when she thought Shannen was out of line. Sometimes they got along, but there were explosions. Once they got into a fistfight…..A night with [Shannen] meant going to the hottest club and drinking until the early hours. I knew she was a ‘bad influence,’ but I liked her anyway.”
  • “I had an insta-crush on Brian Austen Green. Brian was the only guy on the show my age. We had something going over the years we worked together. We were always fighting, making up, having fun and hating each other. We were just young.”
  • “My whole life I wanted to be normal. When I think of what I have now, it’s not the biggest of best of most anything. It’s family and love and safety. It’s work and laughter and imperfection and imperfection. It’s my normal.”
See also: Celebrity Turkey Series: The Candy Spelling

7 comments

  1. Dollface // February 22, 2008 at 9:51 PM

    so Brian Austin Green went from Tori Spelling to Megan Fox. Well that's trading up.

  2. Laura // February 22, 2008 at 11:30 PM

    LOL Camel. I guess if some guy called me camel I'd tell myself it was a compliment, too.

  3. Keith a.k.a. K j A M // February 23, 2008 at 4:15 PM

    I was wondering when you might get around to Tori. Just adore her!

  4. Doodle Whore // February 23, 2008 at 4:51 PM

    I actually LOVE Tori. Any actress who would do a tv movie called "Mother Can I Sleep With Danger" is tops in my book.

  5. Jill // February 23, 2008 at 10:57 PM

    Clearly you can not be a REAL Tori fan -- it's Mother MAY I Sleep With Danger. Must be grammatically correct! I think my favorite role of hers is a cameo appearance in Troop Beverly Hills, pre-blonde and pre-nose job.

  6. Doodle Whore // February 23, 2008 at 11:55 PM

    Touche, Jill. Thanks for the correction. And we can't forget Co-ed Call Girl. Another gem!

  7. Jill // February 25, 2008 at 12:10 AM

    Oh God, nothing beats the one with Kellie Martin. Death of a Cheerleader? Sometimes I think I would die happy if I could star in a Lifetime movie.