Like a Doodle

Friday, May 09, 2008 | with 6 comments »



I just found out that two of my Madge flavored masterpieces are going to be exhibited at the Dial 'M' for Madonna show at the fab World of Wonder Storefront Gallery on May 23 in Los Angeles. The first one is titled The Madonna Face Project (see above). It's a 16 piece series of 8"x 10" ink on paper illustrations loosely based on both classic and rare photos of The Queen. The second is my Hard Candy doodle from last month which gently critiques her overuse of the lyrics "waiting, hesitating, and anticipating." I helpfully suggest an array of other words that rhyme with waiting. I'd love it if she managed to work "carbon dating" or "metal plating" into her next smash hit pop song. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend the opening, which is a shame because I love L.A. and I'm sure it's going to be a total scene. Poo. I will be attending the opening! I just bought my ticket. Yay!

Here are the deets:

Toward the end of May the "depARTed" show will have departed from the World of Wonder Storefront Gallery and been replaced by Madonna (as most things are). "Dial M for Madonna," curated by James St James and Steven Corfe and opening with a gala reception on May 23, is a 40-artist-strong group show of all things Madge, from a conical bra made entirely of chocolate to a photograph of the Village Voice’s Michael Musto spoofing Madonna’s Sex book, “standing naked in a Jersey street with nothing but a wig and a cig to distract from my painfully tucked penis.” Opening night will also feature a video tribute to the late great 400lb Madonna impersonator, Queerdonna. You'll want to mark the date on your calendar or iCal and be there, because the Storefront receptions usually are the shizznit. It's already getting press.

6 comments

  1. joe*to*hell // May 9, 2008 at 1:41 PM

    BRILLLLIANT work

  2. Patty // May 9, 2008 at 5:14 PM

    Ultra-congrats on the major madge mojo!

  3. Gilmore // May 9, 2008 at 7:41 PM

    LOVE that black and white ink drawing with all the faces. So striking and cool!
    Congrats on the show.

  4. Shirley Heezgay! // May 10, 2008 at 10:26 AM

    that's so amazing! congrats!

  5. Shravan // May 11, 2008 at 12:26 AM

    Briliant doodles... Very nice theme!! Can you help me out with my theme??

  6. Anonymous // June 12, 2008 at 6:13 AM

    Where's her cowgirl phase?