What's worse: admitting to being a pill popping drunk to explain one's erratic behavior or claiming that one is completely lucid and clean and still says crazy shit on a regular basis for no good reason? For me, the only bright spot in this rotten season of American Idol been Paula. Her perpetually addled pea brain is like a Boggle game that rearranges a limited collection of words and phrases: You're you. Upper register. Lower register. You're a star. I'm thirsty. Repeat. I almost wet myself when she short circuited and judged Jason "Whiny McDreadlock" Castro's phantom second performance. I know drunks often see double, but Paula actually hears double, too. Now that's entertainment.

This is where I was going to recap my thoughts on this week's AI, but my blog buddy at The Sectional did it way better than I could. I totally concur with his excellent analysis!

Watch Paula embarrass herself (again):

5 comments

  1. Gilmore // May 2, 2008 at 3:05 PM

    Paula saying she's completely sober reminds me of when a shaved head Britney attacked that car with an umbrella and released a statement saying that the whole incident was role research for a movie. Actually she called it roll research. I say ladies just own the craziness. Why deny it? Embrace it.
    I also am only watching Idol for Paula. She's way, way, way, way more entertaining than anything else on that show.
    Love your drawing by the way. Love the leg placement and the drunken elephants! Hilarious as always.

  2. joe*to*hell // May 2, 2008 at 5:46 PM

    you were very kind to her cleavage....its really a messed up valley of hills and dips and highs and lows...aka, the sista fucked up her tits big time

  3. joe*to*hell // May 2, 2008 at 5:49 PM

    OH!

    i really need a drawing of what your interpretation of what mariah's wedding might have looked like.

    pleaaaaasssssseeee

  4. jay are // May 6, 2008 at 2:46 PM

    It wasn't very nice to make Fabio look like Paula. That or has Paula joined the WWE. You rock DH!

  5. JR // May 6, 2008 at 2:51 PM

    Fabios gonna be pissed when he sees you've doodled him like Paula. Or has she gone and joined the WWE. You rock DH!