I hope this doodle doesn't give you the impression that I don't like Cher. I love Cher and always will. There's no way in hell I'm missing her alleged "Farewell Tour" in Vegas. Did you see Cher and Tina Turner duetting Proud Mary on Oprah? It was insane. Tina looked great. Cher looked embalmed, but great. Oprah was doing that obnoxious bellowing, deep voiced announcing thing she does when she's overstimulated by celebrities. And it took a little digging, but I finally found this classic SNL spoof of Cher's unintentionally hilarious infomercials for Lori Davis Hair Products. Chris Farley and Christina Applegate are brilliant in this clip. I was laughing to the point of tears after watching this:



Proud Mary:

6 comments

  1. Keith a.k.a. K j A M // May 20, 2008 at 2:35 PM

    Hysterical! I absolutely love the Cher pic and the embalmed comment. As for Tina, what a difference from her Grammy appearance/performance. She definitely got "touring" fit pretty quick.

  2. Anonymous // May 20, 2008 at 2:49 PM

    oh...oh...this one is so good I'm weeping. the edit is as funny as the doodle: oprah's deep voiced overstimulated by celebs announcements? I'm fucking crying I'm laughing so hard....

  3. gilmore // May 20, 2008 at 3:13 PM

    Oh dear GOD! That is freakin' hilarious.

    Love it!

    xoxo
    Gilmore

  4. jason // May 20, 2008 at 5:45 PM

    Genius!

  5. Charmaine // May 20, 2008 at 6:23 PM

    What am amazing performance. Unfortunately, Cher (who I also adore) looks a little stiff compared to Tina; it's almost like she had a full-body botox treatment.

  6. joe*to*hell // May 20, 2008 at 7:49 PM

    dont cut chaz out! tool belt and all....bring her on

    and tag - u it:

    http://joetohell.blogspot.com/2008/05/illiteracy-is-unfortunate.html