First the UK won't let Martha Stewart in, and now the US won't let Boy George in. Says Ms. George,

"I'm pretty devastated because I am so excited about this forthcoming tour and having my visa application denied seems unfair after I swept the streets of New York spotless. There are a number of public figures who are openly using drugs and they have no problem with immigration and I have seriously turned my life around and I feel great right now and this is just another reminder of how bad things were. I committed a crime and I happily paid the consequences and I should be allowed to move on and get on with what I do best and that is performing and making people dance and cry!"
I was going to make a lame pun about "karma" and "chameleons" or some such nonsense, but I won't. It's too easy. Check out Boy's groovy website.

A NOTE ABOUT THIS DOODLE: If you look closely, you'll see that it's dated '84. Yep, this is Vintage Doodle Whore, people. I had just turned 16 when I did this as a greeting card to my best friend Dan. For better or worse, I really haven't changed all that much since then. I'm still doodling celebrities and blathering on ad nauseum about Boy George, Madonna, and Joan Collins. But I'm definitely dressing better. There's not a stitch of Genera in my closet, I wouldn't be caught dead "pegging" my jeans, and I haven't bought any St-St-Studio Line by Loreal hair products since like 1989.


6 comments

  1. Anonymous // June 23, 2008 at 7:46 PM

    More Vintage Doodles please!!!

  2. jay are // June 23, 2008 at 9:55 PM

    Boy George if that ain't one dilly of a doodle!

  3. Anonymous // June 24, 2008 at 11:58 AM

    You should have doodled a hustler chained up in the corner to make it more relevant. Great work tho!

  4. Charmaine // June 24, 2008 at 11:46 PM

    I can't believe that Stu-stu-studio commercial. The jingle is forever etched in my brain. Such inspiring 'do's.

  5. Gilmore // June 29, 2008 at 12:03 PM

    I LOVE this vintage doodle! I too was CRAZY for Boy George and Culture Club back then. I remember seeing him in my early teens and thinking he was the most magical and wonderful creature to ever come through my TV. As my family would be saying "Oh look at that freak", I'd secretly delight in his flawless makeup, layers of dress length shirts, the way his hats were so perfectly perched on the back of his head, and I would wonder how I'd look with a face full of makeup and a head full of ribbon and bow covered braids. The answer to the last part of that is scary. Scary but amazing.
    I miss the Boy George of the 80's and early 90's. Makes me sad to see him now all chunky and selling t-shirts.
    I really hope you'll post more of your vintage doodles.

  6. Anonymous // October 22, 2009 at 1:46 PM

    I have to find my Prom Dil!!!!