As you may have deduced by now, I watch a fair amount of TV. Ok, lots of TV. Although I never miss Frontline or The McLaughlin Group, the majority of my viewing is of the brain puréeing "unscripted" variety. Bravo does it best, with Vh1 coming in a close second. Sure, Project Runway is the belle of the ball, but Flipping Out is the one I love the most. I'm fascinated by high end real estate, home renovation and interior design, and voyeuristic peeping into the private lives of attractive people I've never met. (And I've always dreamed of having a sassy live-in housekeeper like Zoila.) Anyway, I'm going to be doodling more of the show:

  • Jeff Lewis' distracting trout pout
  • Doting gay dad Ryan and his wig-like hairdo
  • Recently dumped executive assistant Jenni (the Elaine Benis doppelgänger)
  • Chris #2, the snazzily dressed replacement for fired headband enthusiast/liar Chris Elwood (see doodle above)
PS If you're a Flipping Out obsessive, be sure to check out the fabulously witty weekly deconstructions and recaps over at Scented Glossy Magazines.

8 comments

  1. joe*to*hell // July 23, 2008 at 3:48 PM

    i live and die for zoila

    as for chris #2, what the fuck is wrong with his mouth? it's all crooked! he is like maryjo buttafuco.

    bet he gives blow jobs on the side

  2. Charmaine // July 23, 2008 at 7:15 PM

    I'm mortified to admit that I watched a partial episode of Flipping Out yesterday and was completely sucked in. Zoila is amazing and puffy mouth is a paranoid freak. Quite entertaining.

  3. Patty // July 27, 2008 at 9:06 PM

    I just can't watch. It's like watching a plane go down in flames (for 10 weeks)!

  4. Jenny // July 28, 2008 at 7:33 AM

    I just can't thank you enough for this awesome doodle...although, I hate to admit it, I heart Jeff Lewis. He is a trainwreck, I can't get enough of. Would you ever consider doing the 12 days of Jeff Lewis?

  5. Doodle Whore // July 28, 2008 at 10:12 AM

    I heart Jeff Lewis, too! He reminds me of a boss I had when I got my first real graphic design job back in 1990. And I would certainly consider doing 12 days of Jeff if there was enough demand for it!

  6. Anonymous // July 28, 2008 at 8:37 PM

    I am helping out Jenny and asking you to do 12 days of Jeff too! Georgette

  7. SGM // July 29, 2008 at 12:54 AM

    I just now noticed the subtle "DOUCHE" on his headband. Nice work, my friend and thanks for the mention!

  8. Yumi's wurld // July 29, 2008 at 6:29 PM

    My daughter and I absolutely love Jeff Lewis and I was hoping if you'd consider doing the 12 days of Jeff Lewis my daughter was in stitches when you did the 12 days of Britney Spears!!! Keep up the good work!