Yeah, I'm reading Christopher Ciccone's somewhat juicy memoir Life with My Sister Madonna and I have to say it's not the Sister Dearest hatchet job I was expecting. It doesn't hold much of interest for the casual Madonnaphile, but for the obsessed among us, it packs a nifty treasure trove of intimate details and anecdotes. The most titillating portions have been excerpted all over the place, but I prefer reading the odd tidbits of personal history, like the fact that Madonna took Chris to his first gay bar when he was in high school. Or that she suffers from insomnia and loves to eat popcorn. Or that he caught Warren Beatty snooping in Madonna's trash at two in the morning. These are the things I need to know, dammit.

Check out all of my Madonna flavored doodles here.

10 comments

  1. joe*to*hell // July 27, 2008 at 6:35 PM

    BRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLIANT

  2. Patty // July 27, 2008 at 8:14 PM

    You may hate me for saying that this is one of my favorite of your Madonna-related doodles! Disgustingly FABulous! You may also hate me for barely making these sentences English.

  3. PoorBritney // July 27, 2008 at 11:52 PM

    DW I have juicy gossip. Did you know that Madonna ghost wrote on that book! That is why it's hardly bashing her. I read that today on NY post and that she was totally involved in it and that she knew it would create ticket sales for concert.

    Oh and BTW, this Friday the docu is on that I was in for Britters! Watch honey, you may be in it too or at least your work.

  4. Doodle Whore // July 28, 2008 at 10:09 AM

    I don't believe that Page Six story at all. If she had even the slightest to do with that book she would have killed that rotten cover art immediately.

  5. Gilmore // July 28, 2008 at 11:06 AM

    DW,
    This is my all time favorite! It's simply perfect. You know he also has a cone bra and can probably Vogue with the best of them. As a true blue, strike a pose, you're frozen when your heart's not open- fan, I've been considering buying that book. Based on your review, I will now go get it. I don't know why, but I also like hearing that she eats popcorn. :)
    I've been on vaca for nearly two weeks, and yours is the first site I checked when I got back. And, it's as funny and spot on as always. Well done!
    xoxo
    Gilmore

  6. Shirley Heezgay! // July 28, 2008 at 2:16 PM

    You've outdone yourself!

  7. poorbritney // July 28, 2008 at 9:22 PM

    We'll have to wait and see, because I'm hearing it more today on MSNBC and Page Six. She's witty that way!

    I love that he is blowdrying his gnatty armpit hair~

  8. SGM // July 28, 2008 at 11:57 PM

    PU, i can smell it from here! Nice work.

  9. Anonymous // July 30, 2008 at 8:45 PM

    I can't wait till she dies.

  10. Esperanzita // August 7, 2008 at 10:32 PM

    Priceless!