Shameless Plug

Wednesday, October 01, 2008 | , with 4 comments »


The faithful readers of this blog know that doodling doesn't pay the bills around here. I can't imagine why, but there isn't a huge demand for unflattering scribbles of Britney flashing her lady business or Paris Hilton's saggy wonk eye. As an illustrator, I've made a living by drawing colorful and upscale scenes populated with fashionable people lounging on chic furniture. Well, I also do wholesome kid's pop-up books. That's right, no crotchless celebutards here, just cute animals having a family-friendly good time. Kids love reading them, then ripping off all of the little pieces with their grubby little baby fingers and that's just fine with me. I've been having way too much fun with iMovie to create these short video demos of the books in action:






Get one of your own at Handsome Devil Press.

4 comments

  1. Ken Monteith // October 1, 2008 at 8:52 PM

    Barko! Polo! Such a groaner, but I have to say I laughed out loud.

    Fabulous work.

  2. PoorBritney // October 2, 2008 at 1:25 PM

    Jason,
    Those books are so adorable. I love pop up books because they tell the story so much better. I have to say though, that your perfectly MANicured hands are a distraction to the books. Try putting on gloves. Black ones.

    Great music too!

  3. Keith a.k.a. K j A M // October 2, 2008 at 3:01 PM

    Jason,

    2 cute for words...I'm not just talking about the books either. I'm curious as to why you aren't published in the newspapers or at the very least, gay mags where all the queers would eat your doodles up. You have a very keen if not twisted viewpoint of all things pop culture. There's money to be made there, somewhere, someway, somehow.

  4. Anonymous // October 15, 2008 at 2:38 PM

    the publisher should pay you EXTRA and use your videos to promote the books! O talented Mr. O.