OMG. The Velveeta Cheese Grits.

I poke a lot of fun of fun at Britney's expense, but in reality I love her. As much as I'm titillated and shocked by the spectacle that is "Crazy Britney", I really want her to get better, be happy, and enjoy her life. As I watched her new documentary on MTV last night, I was excited to see a glimmer of the old Brit peeking through. But the underlying theme was her sadness, isolation, and fragility. Gimme gimme more! Not. It's a bummer. She really seems lost. And exhausted. Like she could just snap at any moment and slap that pink wig back on her head, remove her panties, and down a couple dozen Frappuccinos. I mean, what was the rush to get her out there working so soon after going stark raving bonkers for the last two years? Let her take some time off to get her sparkle back. I know it's in there somewhere.

3 comments

  1. poorbritney // December 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM

    My poor doll looked so sad. I live blogged the whole show and went to bed feeeling terrible for her :(

    You felt the same shiz. Sad...

  2. Exyank // December 2, 2008 at 12:45 AM

    I think she's doing this "comeback" partly because she doesn't realise that she's really, honestly mentally ill, partly because her manager and record company put pressure on her, and mostly because she has no personal identity other than "pop star". She doesn't know how to just be herself, because she has no "self" to be.

  3. Patty // December 4, 2008 at 2:44 AM

    I totally had the same reaction as Exyank. The more I learned about her, the less I knew. And, I kind think she feels the same way. It TOTALLY reminded me of HEY, PAULA. In her reality show, I just kept watching me my mouth agape as people pushed that crazy f'ing bitch up one hill and own another. It's an interesting meta mindfuck when you think that it was probably "her people" who talked her into the "documentary" which reveals what a bunch of leeches they are. And, HOLY F*ING SH#T, did you see MADONNA?! I know this the the DW blog, so I'll be "kind," but GODDAMN! Madonna and Jessica Lange are using the same face!! The exact same face. If there isn't a joke about Britney's daddy's cheese grits on THE SOUP this week, then I'm not Neily O'Hara!