I've pretty much loathed Gwyneth since she first came on the scene, but I've been liking her more lately. Yeah, she's married to über douche Chris Martin and named her children Apple and Moses which is problematic. But here are some facts that make me like her more:

  • she used to be a macrobiotic vegan, but now she's not
  • she was charming as Pepper Potts in Iron Man
  • she pals around with Madonna but hasn't converted to Kabbaallallah
  • she traveled all over Spain with Mario Batali and his orange Crocs in a Mercedes convertible*
  • she apparently still craves the ciggies:
"The last cigarette I smoked was the day I found out I was pregnant with Apple," she says. "I'm so pissed off it gives you cancer. But then, once you have children, if you've witnessed a death like I did with my father, you just can't. But I've decided that when I'm about 70 I'm going to start smoking again. Why not? I can't wait!' "
For some reason I like that she's going to resume her smoking habit at 70.

CLICK IT, DON'T LICK IT:
Read the whole article at People.com
Buy the book Spain... A Culinary Roadtrip

* I wonder if Gwynnie and Mario made sweet love in the backseat after one too many bottles of Spanish wine and tapas. Sorry, had to go there. You were thinking it, too.

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // February 6, 2009 at 11:06 PM

    Hmm, I still think she's a douche nozzle. And you were way too kind to Batali!